Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Windows Error 0×80070052 on Copying Lots of Files to a USB Drive.



 
 

Sent to you by FRANCISCO via Google Reader:

 
 

via Ask The Admin by Karl L. Gechlik | AskTheAdmin.com on 3/31/09

image

I was copying a few thousand files to a San Disk Micro Cruzer Memory Stick with over 2gb of space on it. Windows kept throwing me an error that it was unable to copy my files due to error 0×80070052.

I tried via copy and paste and then drag and drop – and I went as far as to try it via command line.

No go.

On a hunch I decided to check the format of the drive – I was sure it was Fat32. But I was wrong and the drive was Fat and there are a bunch of limitations on Fat drives. I copied all my files off the drive, formatted it using Fat32 (Not NTFS because I use Mac's occasionally and Fat32 is the cross platform friendly format)

Now my only issue is why the hell would they ship there drives as Fat over Fat32? Anyone got any guesses?

 

_TheStumpedAdmiN_


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: